Thursday, July 4, 2013

VHF base station

I hope to procure one VHF base station and one mobile station. It will create a thing to showoff with local peoples. If i show something which according to them look nice and work may be they will be attracted toward the hobby.

If i show them my CW rigs it is just a jingle of tones and means nothing to their ears.

Few friends came for  eyeball qso but i did not have any working VHF on which i can give channel. I thought i need one vhf to work my nearest hams 100Kms in all directions i.e Rajkot, Bhavnagar, Jamnagar, Una and one at Somewhere in Gir forest. As being a single ham in city it will be a DX for me all these city.

I got one VHF. ALNICO DR-130 with 50w VHF single band only. Wow, i will be able to be touched. Welcome friends. Frequency, antenna not decided. I will be on a standard calling freq only.

No comments:

Post a Comment