Wednesday, January 16, 2019

SLA batery charging

SLA battery charging.

I have few batery lying in the shelf. Not charged. Its sealed lead acid battery. that means its sealed. its miniversion of car vehicle batery. Generally 4 vollts are standard. So i have 500 ma - small batery, 1 amp and 2 amp batery. All just not charged , deep discharged.The previous usage experience is that i have to regularly charge it. But, could not find the commercial charger circuit.

There is very strange theories as we have used this batery system 100 years.Ohh baghdad battery ? Anyway i will be makinhg a simple charger circuit and one is fully charged then will constantly tripple charge it.
For amazement look at the battery which might have used for GOLD-electoplating the Egyptian idols and possible to light up lamps.
baghdad batery

baghdad batery


Have a look at the baghdad battery.





















And i opened my SLA batery.

Need to get the distilled water and a syringe to fill it up. You have to reverse connect it. Then fast charge it. Trickle charge it. And use it and recharge it.

2. Cover opened
1.SLA batery

3. Bottle opened
I have to buy the distilled water or use the rain water. yes, i have plenty of rain water. i collect it during rainy season and keep it in bottle for a year long use to worhip my gods idols.  Water tastes good.
Today is 19/August/2019.
I saw a vedeo where a person was rejuvenated the big SLA battery with  rain water and a professional charger. Used syringes. Topped water. About two injections it needed.
Anyways. I do not have charger , so I did use my bench power source and gave 12v directly to this battery. It measured 0.2 volt a very bad condition. But I knew it needed water . It was charging and suddenly I hear a pop up sound . I looked but There was nothing . Transformer was hot ! Battery was hot. Then after some time measured the battery voltage . It was 2.2 volts. then show that seal was open and water was bubbling! Ok due to gas pressure it opened. Then , found it removed other rubber cap. Let it charge. It’s heat intensive process so use fan ! Once it’s workinb is tested will let you know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment