Tuesday, November 13, 2018

IRF510 linear 2018


I wanted to make a small linear fact is a small TX system of course CW , beacone for my wish to reach 100km. Here i saw small linear. Hmmm its similar to my earlier experiments. Gave thought.




Then openeded my components BOXES. Yep i have original IRF510 from ine of my lemington road raids. Heatsink ok. Used All components  which i could find in boxes.  There are two pictures of course with beautiful womans.
First day placed the components during day time. My spectacles were broken so had hard time at seeing colourcodes but anyway i use digital multimeter. Finally put components.

Here is ckt diagrams.

Soldered, had a final visual inspection and behold on veroboard i forgot to put ground rail to sourse of IRF.  Soldered.  At night 2 am finished ànd load resistor connected. Applied  12v dc . LED ON. Anyway i had used 1N4007 protective diode.  Preset was at half position and it registered around 5-6 mili amp wuiesent without any rf applief and around 250 mili amp when RG apllied. Resistor becomes instantly warm. More than 1watt. When i put preset at max voltage current increased to around 290 mili amp.  Resistors instantly heats up. Line Voltage drops to 10volts. Hmmm .,,,

Put on metal plate. I am done. I dare not to put it on long wireantennas.  I will drive it to a big linear to produce around 15 to 25 watts RF.


Here is my linear running around 15 watt now question is to put it on AIR 7159kc (+\- 5 kc)


Well i had good time.

Will update


No comments:

Post a Comment